No, not fans of the Milwaukee Brewers who may be partial to Miller-Coors.
Following his Super Bowl 50 win, and likely his ride into the sunset of an incredible career, Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning told CBS’s Tracy Wolfson, “I’m going to drink a lot of Budweiser tonight…I promise you that.”
It felt like one more ad for Budweiser, although not nearly as good as the one featuring Helen Mirren. Some people were angered by the gesture, calling Manning a sellout. I had no problem with it, considering someone does the same thing every year or yells that they are “going to Disney World!” It turns out that Manning wasn’t paid by Budweiser to say anything, according to the head of their marketing-communications department.
Maybe Manning just really likes Budweiser. I don’t mind it myself, but I would prefer drinking craft beer…and so do the Brewers Association.
Posted by CraftBeer.com (the official medium of the Brewers Association), the “not-for-profit trade association dedicated to small and independent American brewers” has sent Manning a care package of some of their favorite beers.
“Wouldn’t he rather have a beer more fitting of his superstardom; maybe a beer that more closely represents the Bronco’s status as an underdog? That’s what we believe small and independent craft brewers represent.”
Here are the beers included in Peyton’s package (get your mind out of the gutter):
- Black Bavarian (German-style Schwarzbier) | Sprecher Brewing Co. | Glendale, WI
- Apricot Blonde (Blonde Ale) | Dry Dock Brewing Co. | Aurora, CO
- Craft Lager (American Lager) | Upslope Brewing Co. | Boulder, CO
- Colorado Kolsch (German-style Kolsch) | Steamworks Brewing Co. | Durango, CO
- Racer 5 IPA (India Pale Ale) | Bear Republic Brewing Co. | Healdsburg, CA
- Samuel Adams Boston Lager (Vienna-style Lager) | Boston Beer Co. | Boston, MA
- Mojo IPA (India Pale Ale) | Boulder Beer Co. | Boulder, CO
- Sawtooth Ale Nitro (Extra Special Bitter) | Left Hand Brewing Co. | Longmont, CO
- Session Cream Summer Ale (Cream Ale) | Full Sail Brewing Co. | Hood River, OR
- Graham Cracker Porter (American Porter) | Denver Beer Co. | Denver, CO